A professional corporate body established by the enactment of the Urban and Regional Planners Act No. 4 of 2011. ZIP represents the planning profession in Zambia and has a membership of more than 300 planners. We are a member of the Commonwealth Association of Planners.
VISION: Creating Livable Places through Quality Planning and Practice
MISSION: To advance the science and art of planning in a well coordinated, efficient and effective manner in public for the Republic of Zambia
WHAT WE DO:
ZIP regulates planning practice in Zambia through:
- Developing Quality Planners: Issuance of Practicing Licenses to all registered planners. We enforce a strict code of conduct.
- Supporting the Professional Planner: Promoting professional development and networking opportunities
- Sustainable Planning: Protecting the practice of planning and advancing members ability to protect the public interest
WHO WE ARE
The Zambia Institute of Planners is:
- A membership organisation responsible for maintaining and promoting professional standards and accrediting planners, students of planning, learning institutions offering professional planning courses in Zambia
- A professional institute created by the Urban and Regional Planners Act No. 4 of 2011 of the Laws of Zambia whose purpose is to advance the science and art of planning (including town and country and spatial planning) in public interest.
- Internships - Fundraising and Information Management
- Part-time Inspectors (5)
- Assistant Registrar of the Institute
- Registrar of the Institute